A HAR file or HTTP Archive File is a store of the requests made by your internet browser to a specific website.
It allows website developers, such as our team, to diagnose why an error has appeared and see what was happening on your browser up to that point.
Each browser has different steps to generate out the HAR, these steps have been documented below.
Generate the HAR File in Internet Explorer 11
1. Open up Internet Explorer and navigate to the page that you're having trouble.
2. Click on the settings cog in the top right corner of the browser, then select F12 Developer Tools.
3. A bar will appear at the bottom of the screen, this is the Developer Tools. Select the Network tab of the Developer Tools. Keep the Developer Tools open.
4. Refresh the browser window then repeat any steps on the MTDsorted platform leading up to the error that you are seeing.
5. Once you have replicated the error, return to the Network tab of the Developer Tools. On the top bar of options, select the Save File icon.
6. Save the HAR file and send in an email to our support team.
The GIF below shows the above steps to generate out the HAR file.
Last updated - 18/11/2020