Last updated March 28, 2020
We also use third-party tools such as Google Analytics to track the performance of our website. If you wish to opt-out, you are able to use the official Google Analytics opt-out browser extension: Download
|Application Cookie||mtdsorted_session, XSRF-TOKEN||Used to track your login session when you visit and sign-in.|
|Analytics Cookies||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _ga, _gat||Used to track our websites performance and track overall site performance through Google Analytics.|
Data Collection & Storage
We collect some personal information during the sign-up process including first name, last name and business details. We may require additional details after sign up to verify your account, any documents we request will be destroyed after verification has been complete.
We also collect your email address at sign up, this is to send marketing and operational emails to you. You are able to opt-out of marketing emails at any time.
MTDsorted stores all details in a dedicated cloud environment hosted in the United Kingdom. The server is secured with access only being given to directors of the business. The system is also backed up daily to another secure location, also hosted in the United Kingdom.
In order for MTDsorted to connect to HMRC on your behalf, we ask that you login with your Government Gateway account. The system will take you to the government gateway sign in screen to allow you to authorise MTDsorted. We do not get access to your username or password, nor do we require it. By signing in, you grant MTDsorted access to view, submit and perform actions on your behalf.
Authorisation from HMRC lasts for 18 months however you can revoke it here: Manage permissions for tax software.
There are certain circumstances that we will share your account details with other parties, these are listed below.
- When legally obliged, we will share the minimum amount of details regarding your account - we will let you know where possible about the data that has been requested.
- When you make a payment to MTDsorted, we send your details to our payment processor.
- In order to send emails, we send your details to our email service provider.
- We use Google Analytics to track page use across our website, we will
We do not sell, share, rent or trade any of your personal details with other third parties.
We may occasionally send you marketing emails, you are able to opt-out of these emails by unsubscribing through the footer of any of the emails you recieve, or by unsubscribing through your Account Settings.
You are not able to unsubscribe from operational emails such as VAT return submission notifications.
In order to comply with HMRC and help prevent fraud, we collect details about your current browser and session. These details are not stored against your record, however are sent alongside any submission to HMRC.
You are not able to opt-out of the collection of data at this time.
- Timezone - The timezone your device is currently set to.
- Screen Details - This includes width, height, scaling factor and colour depth of all screens connected to your device.
- Window Size - The width and height of the current browser window.
- User Agent - Your browser user agent, identifying the current browser you are using.
- Browser Plugins - The names of all plugins that have access to the current browser window.
- Do Not Track setting - If the 'Do Not Track' header is currently set.